It took me a little longer than I had hoped to get pictures of my latest WIP, Hesperides. These were taken with the new wireless remote I got for my camera, since I was the only one home today. It was actually quite interesting to see what I look like when I knit!
Every "action" shot I got was a bit blurry...I don't really knit that fast! I think I just had the bad luck of moving my hand every time the camera took a shot. I set it for a 2 second delay so I could get the remote out of the shot ;) Also, I've noticed I hold my right middle and ring fingers super awkward...funny.
Here is a little larger look at Hesperides. It is a triangular shawl with alternating bands of stockinette and a striped lacy section. The original striped lace I had swatched for this worked out horribly in action, but maybe someday it will live again as a scarf or stole. Luckily the change didn't set me back too far and I managed to recover the design gracefully and still keep the general look I was going for.
When I came up with this design, I had wanted something that would work well with a variegated yarn and a complementary solid color. Since I have an unhealthy obsession with variegated yarns, I am always trying to come up with good uses for them. This way I can justify those skeins that inevitably find their way into my stash and it offers up a fun challenge for me to tackle.