Whew...I made it back from vacation just over a week ago with a ton of work to be finished on the pattern collection. I had a great time, but my nose has been down to the grindstone since I got back...hence the lack of posts on my part.
So, the Mermaid's gift has been driving me batty and in a fit, I decided to change the design and start over from scratch. This was after the original was already 85% done. Once the new idea came to me, though, I knew it would be so much better than the original and that I would be happier writing the pattern for version 2.0 than settling for the first one because I was on a time crunch.
I also just finished the sample for the two-color version of Elisa. This was another last minute change, and I just love the way the design looks in both the solid color and the smaller version with two colors. The contrast really shows off the curves the lace creates! Here is a quick shot with the help of one of my dogs, Roxy:
If all goes well, the collection will be ready for release next Monday and with all the loose ends that need to be tied you may not hear from me until then! I will try to get a sneak peek of the final photos up before Monday, though!